It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ga. Boys and boat ramps
PostPosted: January 30th, 2015, 9:43 pm 
Gadwall

Why is it that most of if not all ga. Hunters by their tags on their beefed up trucks daddy got them think that the ramp is for loading boats with guns decoys ect. Getting ready to load boat at 4:00 in the evening and we were at ramp backing trailer down and here they come swinging around us and backing down then proceed to load their boat with gear well they got washed on the rocks by buddy's boats nice swells not even my boat and I was ready to let them have it. I forgot to mention there were no other trucks in parking lot.... Next year I'm investing in chains and locks for those inconsiderate foreigners. Let them scratch their heads and figure out how to get chains unwrapped from all their trailer stuck together....

PostPosted: January 30th, 2015, 11:10 pm 
Redhead

Ignorance just breeds more ignorance.................... I understand where you are coming from but I'd suggest just leading by example. When I first bought a boat, years ago, I took forever at the launch. Once I saw a few guys zip in and out of the ramp and were hunting before I was, I figured out how to have everything preloaded and ready to go.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2015, 12:18 pm 
Tundra Swan

Location: Parks City, TN just over the Bama line North of Huntsville
Yes !

Everyone needs to learn Boat ramp etiquette, it takes some folks longer than others to learn.

Try being at the boat ramp at daylight in April and May.... the fishermen will "let you know" in a hurry if you are taking too long on the ramp.

GOD Bless you

http://www.sportsmensdevotional.com/prayer.htm

PostPosted: January 31st, 2015, 9:49 pm 
Redhead

If only duck hunters could load and unload like bass fisherman, but it's not just the loading and unloading. I get ill when people pull out and then park in the way while they shoot the breeze with their buddies. This is exactly what happened to me last Saturday. You would think they would have enough sense to recognize the traffic jam they basically created. Boat ramp etiquette really isn't rocket science so I tend to think people just don't care if their actions create an inconvenience for others. I guess it's my fault for actually still expecting people to exhibit even a small amount of courtesy.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 11:58 am 
Gadwall

Would like to see them do that in March on gville probably be digging treble hooks out their backs