It is currently October 21st, 2017, 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fisherman
PostPosted: September 14th, 2013, 11:02 am 
Hooded Merganser

Took my nine year old daughter this mornin to try and shoot some teal. She was gone last weekend, so she missed a dove shoot and a goose killin. She has been beggin to go all week. We got to the ramp around 4:45, made about a ten minuter boat ride. When we got to where I was going to set up there was somebody there. No big deal. I went up to the group, chatted for a minute then let em know where I was going to be. It was only about 200 yds from them. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going to interfere with them. Me and the little girl got to our spot. I put out the dekes while she tried to set up the blind. Finally got set up and had some time to kill, so we ate our snacks she had packed before we left the house. Before to long it was that time. Not two minutes after shootin time hit here come the bass boats. One was headed straight for me. When he got closer I shined my light thinking he would give me some space. Well, he didn't. the fella pulled within 40yds of me and put the trolling motor down. Once again I shined my light and stood up in plain sight. I still got no response, so I yelled "Hey I know you see me, if you don't mind me and my daughter are trying to hunt". He proceeded to smart off and tell me it was public water "bud". I responded with, I aint your bud and you got the whole lake to fish we are in one little spot give us some room. He once again smarted off and kept fishin. I was so mad my hands were shaking. My daughter had been looking forward to huntin with me all week and now it is ruined because of some direspectful idiot. The little girl almost looked like she was going to cry bc this fella ruined our hunt. I know it is public water and everyone has the right to be there, but you should respect the other sportsmen and non sportsmen around you. The positive to the mornin was I got to spend time with my daughter and watch a beatiful sunrise. She also learned a lesson today- PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.

Post subject: Re: Fisherman
PostPosted: September 14th, 2013, 11:35 am 
Tundra Swan

Should have called the gw and had hunters harassment charges filed if it went down like you said

PostPosted: September 14th, 2013, 1:08 pm 
Mallard

icducks wrote:
Should have called the gw and had hunters harassment charges filed if it went down like you said

I agree

PostPosted: September 14th, 2013, 3:17 pm 
Canvasback

icducks wrote:

Good luck with that. Even if it happened as described, which I'm sure it did, I don't think it would rise to the level of hunter harassment. Plus don't forget the politics, Guntersville and Scottsboro make LOTS of $ off of fishermen and many local voters would love to have no hunters on the lake. Some of those asshole fishermen also pull right up on top of another fisherman and start fishing.

Lonnie Spann

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 7:21 am 
Mallard

Well as I type this we have a bass boat litterly casting in our decoys. Close enough for me to read the numbers on the side of the boat.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 7:27 am 
Mallard

This is with no zoom. And there is another to the left not much farther out.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 7:43 am 
Harlequin Duck

That's a good lookin bass cat!!

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 10:02 am 
Redhead

My granddaddy used to carry a pistol with him when he went fishing and if someone came up too close to him while he was fishing and didnt move after he asked them to and gave him a smart comment, he would shoot the water around the boats... They would move then. :lol:

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 10:56 am 
Mallard

muddycreek wrote:
That's a good lookin bass cat!!

Not when it's about 25 to 30 yards from you!

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 11:19 am 
Canvasback

your a better man than me. id just get in my boat and cut circles around him.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 11:56 am 
Mallard

Should of called a game warden if I had it to do over, but that would have just turned out to be more of a hassle than it's worth.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 2:27 pm 
Banded Black Duck

I'd drive back and forth over that public water until there was no threat of a fish being caught within a half mile of there. A lot of the time they will give you some space if you ask them. There is a always a few aholes that won't though. Just one of the many joys of public land hunting!

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 3:08 pm 
Canvasback

gad daddy wrote:
To bad a bird didn't swing through low, I would have shot like I never knew they were there...It's gets them to leave trust me, I've done it a few times.

Big talk behind a keyboard. I trust that you aren't really that stupid. Most of the fishermen that I know have a gun in their boats. These incidents aren't worth someone getting killed over.

Lonnie Spann

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 4:20 pm 
Harlequin Duck

Lonster wrote:
gad daddy wrote:
To bad a bird didn't swing through low, I would have shot like I never knew they were there...It's gets them to leave trust me, I've done it a few times.

Big talk behind a keyboard. I trust that you aren't really that stupid. Most of the fishermen that I know have a gun in their boats. These incidents aren't worth someone getting killed over.

Lonnie Spann

Yeah I can guarantee you would lose that fight with more than one fisherman. Last one I encountered didn't talk so big after he saw nickel plating.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 6:13 pm 
Banded Black Duck

Ion second thought, I'd just idle up about a foot from whatever side of the boat he is fishin and hang out. We usually run two boats when we hunt so that could get fun :lol:

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 7:43 pm 
Mallard

The thing about it was he didn't just pass by once and go on, he would go by where he was finally almost out of our way then turn around and start coming back and did that right infront of us for a good 2 hours probably and would not leave or give us space. Funny thing is the idiots only cought 1 little tiny fish the whole time so I have no idea why the hell they wasted a whole morning there.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2013, 9:28 pm 
Redhead

Had that happen last teal season the first time my girlfriend went hunting. They were given fair warning for about 20 minutes before shooting hours. Decided to stay until about 3 minutes after shooting hours, when my girlfriend shot a BWT out of the dekes (they weren't in any danger, off to our side). They packed it up and left. I understand its public water, but don't ruin someone elses good time being an butt. I know of hundreds of spots to fish if someone else is close to me. When you hunt, you don't have those options.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2013, 10:15 am 
Canvasback

I'm not calling anyone out here on a public forum but, for the guy who attempted to send me the name calling PM and then deleted it, I received it via email notification BEFORE you deleted it :twisted:

I sent you a PM, man up and call me :D

FYI,

It's not real smart to post statements on a public forum alleging that you have committed criminal offenses i.e. reckless endangerment. If what you posted is true then I can guarantee you that you will need to employ a good criminal defense lawyer sometime in your future. I routinely use information against individuals, who much like yourself, go onto a public forum or social media website and publish statements for the whole world to see. Their thoughtfulness usually comes back to bite them in butt.

District Attorney "D.A": Could you tell the jury what happened on the date that the incident occurred?
Fisherman: Yes, I was fishing and someone who I had not seen was hidden in the woods, like a sniper, and he shot me.

D.A.: Mr. Hunter, this isn't the first time that you've attempted to kill a fisherman is it?
Mr. Hunter I'm going to show you what I have marked as State's Exhibit "A", it is a compilation of posts that you have placed on public forums...

Jury: We the jury find ____________ GUILTY of attempted murder.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2013, 7:42 pm 
Redhead

Yep, been 15 years since I hunted the big G because of that. I was teal hunting with a friend and a boat came in and fished in my decoys. I said we were here first and he said so what. I said it would be dangerous for him if a teal flew between him and us. He replied, "I have a pistol in my glovebox that will take care of that shotgun". Now I know everyone will say the shotgun will win out over the pistol but you don't know on that lake who you are dealing with. I have a wife and kids and frankly most of the rednecks out there don't give a crap what happens to them and would just as soon shoot you as deal with you. Anyway, bass fishermen are a pain in the butt. No respect, no morals and no upbringing! Sure there are some good bass fishermen but for the most part they are big ol buttholes!

PostPosted: September 18th, 2013, 7:59 pm 
Tundra Swan

Go drop decoys around them and pull up the boat blind