It is currently December 11th, 2017, 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Personal Attacks
PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 5:06 pm 
Harlequin Duck

Guys, this is suppose to be a website/forum to discuss duck hunting, and anything related to duck hunting. I enjoy visiting this forum (as do many others). But, the personal attacks are going to force the admins to shut this site down. They have already threatened to do so in the past. Please don't force them to take such action over silly, asinine, adolescent behavior.

I'm not singling anyone out, I am just stating a fact! If this stuff continues on here, the admins/mods will shut it down!

So, please think about this before posting.

Thanks!

How many are your works, LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. Psalm 104:24
I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Psalm 104:33

Post subject: Re: Personal Attacks
PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 6:07 pm 
Mallard

If you are referring to what I said, I'm sorry. I was combating a dipshot (spelled that way on purpose) who thought they were being funny.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 6:20 pm 
Redhead

gotopk wrote:
If you are referring to what I said, I'm sorry. I was combating a dipshot (spelled that way on purpose) who thought they were being funny.

Yea but that just continues the cycle. As if anyone can rebuttle without expecting the other to reply again and again. Its the internet, if someone is being an idiot let them be an idiot. Argueing with them just prolongs it.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 7:53 pm 
Mallard

No argument from me, you are correct.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 8:27 pm 
Mallard

I vote to shut this site down... these whole click of northern bammers get way out of hand. Nobody wants to read the stupid crap they post everyday. Hopefully a new site can be built and these immature clowns stay off of it

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 8:33 pm 
Redhead

bamaboy2223 wrote:
I vote to shut this site down... these whole click of northern bammers get way out of hand. Nobody wants to read the stupid crap they post everyday. Hopefully a new site can be built and these immature clowns stay off of it

Actually someone tried that and it got shut down somehow. I think it had something to do with extracting members directly from this site. At the end of the day you choose whether or not you read whats on here.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 8:40 pm 
Mallard

kingofducks wrote:
bamaboy2223 wrote:

Actually someone tried that and it got shut down somehow. I think it had something to do with extracting members directly from this site. At the end of the day you choose whether or not you read whats on here.

Hopefully the admins will shut this site down. Apparently several are tired of these kids that ramble on here every single day acting foolish and ruining what could be a very helpful and enjoyable web site for mature sportsmen in this great state of Alabama and bordering states.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 9:40 pm 
Harlequin Duck

bamaboy2223 wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement. There's plenty of boys from down south that do the same thing. Case in point: Cheerleader15 from the "delta" has been talking smack in my direction for several days. I've managed to ignore it this long, but I can't keep it up forever. He knows he's safe behind his keyboard and he'd do the same thing on a "lesser" Alabama site.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 10:14 pm 
Harlequin Duck

gotopk wrote:

Like I said, I'm not referring to anyone in particular.
I DO NOT want this shut down, which is why I posted this topic.

It just gets old
Someone starts a useful thread and in no time it turns into a this guy bashing this guy contest.

Hey, agree to disagree without resorting to personal (adolescent most times) attacks.
I have read some GREAT threads on here where 2 or even 3 guys STRONGLY disagreed with each other, and it never got personal. We can often learn ALOT from other's experiences/opinions, which is why this can be such a great site for us to share those experiences/opinions with each other.

Again, I'm not pointing a finger at anyone in particular. I just wanted to remind all of you that the mods/admins have threatened to shut this site down in the past for the same stuff.

How many are your works, LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. Psalm 104:24
I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Psalm 104:33

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 10:48 pm 
Redhead

music_man wrote:
gotopk wrote:

Like I said, I'm not referring to anyone in particular.
I DO NOT want this shut down, which is why I posted this topic.

It just gets old
Someone starts a useful thread and in no time it turns into a this guy bashing this guy contest.

Hey, agree to disagree without resorting to personal (adolescent most times) attacks.
I have read some GREAT threads on here where 2 or even 3 guys STRONGLY disagreed with each other, and it never got personal. We can often learn ALOT from other's experiences/opinions, which is why this can be such a great site for us to share those experiences/opinions with each other.

Again, I'm not pointing a finger at anyone in particular. I just wanted to remind all of you that the mods/admins have threatened to shut this site down in the past for the same stuff.

Exactly, if you can't hold a debate without resorting to name calling then you have no business voiceing your opinion. I bet a lot of these guys that attack each other through the keyboard would get along just fine in person. I think some of the problem is when folks mistake a little harmless ribbing for a personal attack and then *&%# can get outta hand real fast.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 11:09 pm 
Quackmaster

The site kinda mimics real life and the way people act towards one another these days doesn't it! Sad, but we all have to live with our actions, and one day we all learn to wear big guy pants. The sooner we do, the better our quality of life becomes. The site isn't going anywhere, but from time to time, we have to clean out some dirty pipes. The problem isn't the site, just some of the stuff that gets it a little clogged and smelly sometimes. We have a few plungers to try and keep it flowing pretty smooth most of the time. :)

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 11:53 pm 
Redhead

bamaboy2223 wrote:

Nowhere on this site does it say you "have" to read what someone posts. Just thought I'd help you out! :D

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 8:09 am 
Tundra Swan

bamaboy2223 wrote:
kingofducks wrote:
bamaboy2223 wrote:

Hopefully the admins will shut this site down. Apparently several are tired of these kids that ramble on here every single day acting foolish and ruining what could be a very helpful and enjoyable web site for mature sportsmen in this great state of Alabama and bordering states.

I have been on this site a long time and made many good friends here. I agree that the attacks and arguing gets old as well but.....with that said I will tell you the same thing I tell people on another hunting site that I moderate........If you don't like it, no one is making you stay. There are those of us who choose to look past the bad and enjoy the good and for someone to simply state "shut the place down" demonstrates a lack of maturity in itself. Good day.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 8:24 am 
Canvasback

If a new site were to be created, do you not think the exact same group of people will move to that site? Especially if this one shut down.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 8:30 am 
Harlequin Duck

I have been on this site a long time and made many good friends here. I agree that the attacks and arguing gets old as well but.....with that said I will tell you the same thing I tell people on another hunting site that I moderate........If you don't like it, no one is making you stay. There are those of us who choose to look past the bad and enjoy the good and for someone to simply state "shut the place down" demonstrates a lack of maturity in itself. Good day.[/quote]
WOW i am just shocked you are a moderater :blues

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 8:35 am 
Quackmaster

Sthomp, if it happens, it happens. We have our loyal members just like a million other sites. There are many that come and go from time to time but every now and again a new member pops in that has the same passion for the outdoors as we do. We don't restrict memberships for that reason. We are made better by the good ones that come along and they far outweigh the rogue/ assinine posters on here.

That being said ,when someone mirrors our site structure, spams our members through our pm system and posts messages on our site "advertising" their site, we have several legal rights to protect our investment.

Like Driveby said, you don't have to read everything, don't have to comment on everything or really don't even have to come to the site if you do not like what is provided here. For us that wade through the bad, there is a whole lot of good things that are provided through the site, and we have made some great, great friends over the last 10 yrs.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 8:47 am 
Canvasback

I guess what I was trying to get across is that shutting down this site and opening another isn't going to solve anything. The same people that others have problems with will just move to the new site. It's a pretty specific niche.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 9:06 am 
Wood Duck

gotopk wrote:

The irony of calling someone a dipshit (spelled it that way on purpose) in the second post of a no personal attacks thread. :lol:

I wasn't being funny. I genuinely thought you had sand in your vagina. I was actually concerned. Don't worry though, I wasn't expecting a thank you.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 9:22 am 
Tundra Swan

marty32565 wrote:
I have been on this site a long time and made many good friends here. I agree that the attacks and arguing gets old as well but.....with that said I will tell you the same thing I tell people on another hunting site that I moderate........If you don't like it, no one is making you stay. There are those of us who choose to look past the bad and enjoy the good and for someone to simply state "shut the place down" demonstrates a lack of maturity in itself. Good day.

WOW i am just shocked you are a moderater :blues[/quote]
Scary huh???? I think that's what they refer to as the inmates running the asylum. :wink:

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 9:52 am 
Mallard

:scratch really?!