It is currently October 21st, 2017, 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 8:29 pm 
Ruddy Duck

We had a terrible hunt up there and I do not recommend using Nicky Jones as a guide. He kept telling us that he didn't have any birds but never offered to give us our money back either. We sat in a cornfield by a puddle of water and waited. He also said he would be guiding us but at the last minute he backed out and sent a high school kid up to guide us. The kid said they hadn't killed a duck out of this blind all season. Of course we never fired a shot. Sad traveling that far to get duped. :noducks :shock:

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 8:40 pm 
Harlequin Duck

Did you ask for a refund? Have you taken this up with him? Did you ask why you were being left with what you feel is a lesser guide? Did you ask why he couldn't guide you after saying he would?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 9:22 pm 
Ruddy Duck

free78 wrote:
Did you ask for a refund? Have you taken this up with him? Did you ask why you were being left with what you feel is a lesser guide? Did you ask why he couldn't guide you after saying he would?

There were multiple problems all together. The setup was a joke with the lack of water, the spread was skimpy. Overall it was a terrible situation, we didn't have a chance to shoot any birds or have any really come anywhere close. We talked about it but he didn't have much to say. I looked online and found a couple threads on the TNducks site and it looks like he has done this to multiple people this year.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 10:21 pm 
Canvasback

thanks for the info

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 6:27 am 
Ruddy Duck

He fulfilled his obligation by providing us a place to hunt but it was less than desireable.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 5:25 pm 
Canvasback

Brown Dog you are handleing this better then any other person on this forum. Your right about he handled his obligation it sucks but I respect the way you handled this. You also didnt bash the guy you just stated how you felt and that you would not go back. I commend you for that. I do hate yall had a terrible hunt I here that are can be awsome certain times a year, But I wish everyone who travels and goes on a terrible hunts wouldnt act like 9th grade girls.

1. Jesus Christ

2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 6:11 pm 
Redhead

What Southern said is very true. An outfitter can only do so much. His job is to set you up for the best possibility of success. Sometimes the birds just aren't there or other things don't work out. Its all a part of hunting. If every one killed limits every hunt, then the woods would be overran with duck hunters

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:18 pm 
Ruddy Duck

I think he is just having a very bad year with the drought but he should have told us on the front end not to come at all and not wasted our time and money. I'm sure he was counting on the extra income for his family that this season would bring.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 8:00 pm 
Redhead

I agree with you on both counts. He should've been straightforward with y'all about the duck numbers. But on the same hand I'm sure he counts on that money to help feed his family. That's the same way with farmers in Arkansas. They depend on that money whether they have a bad year on ducks or not

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 8:20 pm 
Ruddy Duck

They are now saying on the TNducks forum that stolen property has been found in his possession. Unbelieveable!

http://forums.tnducks.com/yaf_postst435 ... Found.aspx

PostPosted: March 7th, 2013, 1:40 pm 
Coot

Guys, I have been hunting with Nikki Jones for the last couple of years. You, he nor I am is The Almighty. He can't control the weather or the ducks when water is not there. We were in contact several weeks before we were supposed to go out there over MLK weekend this January 2013. The weather did not cooperate and he kept us informed like a respectable guide should and shot us straight. We made the last minute decision not to go because of the lack of water as well as waterfowl. Although he did hold the deposit, he hooked us for next year in hopes that there would ample water to provide a great opportunity for the upcoming year, and rightly so as it was probably already spent for you guys trying desperately to get water into all his holes so that you would have a good hunt making memories for the rest of your lives. I understand that you are expressing your thoughts and feelings but try and look deeper into the situation. Nikki has been nothing but straight forward and honest with our group and we have nothing but great memories from the hunts he has provided.

Schunt20

If it flies like a duck.... it dies like a duck!!!!

PostPosted: March 7th, 2013, 2:18 pm 
Banded Black Duck

If you look deeper into the situation, as you say, you will see that he took a bunch of people's money and then was caught up in some pretty substantial theft charges that he pled guilty too. How much deeper would you like to go??

'Cupped