It is currently December 12th, 2017, 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I think it's funny...
PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 11:16 pm 
Harlequin Duck

Well I went into bass pro at Spanish fort tonight to go get an extra box of shells for my little brother. As I went to the steel shot aisle it was packed! Couldn't even get through.The people on the aisle were wearing brand new duck hunting max 4 jackets, DU hats carrying floatable shotgun cases and holding a box of brand new redhead waders! I went up to a guy in the section looking at some shells and asked, "you ready for season Friday?" he replied that yes he and 7 more were heading to the causeway and going to be just like the duck commanders off duck dynasty! I said alright bubba, got my steel shot and left the area!

The duck hunting aisle where the calls and decoys were was insane, buying stuff left and right. All mojos were close to being sold out, and the wader section was sooo packed that they had 4 employees out there helping.

Duck dynasty has ruined us, as "DUCK HUNTERS"!

Have fun opening day bubba.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 11:25 pm 
Harlequin Duck

duckhunter15 wrote:
Well I went into bass pro at Spanish fort tonight to go get an extra box of shells for my little brother. As I went to the steel shot aisle it was packed! Couldn't even get through.The people on the aisle were wearing brand new duck hunting max 4 jackets, DU hats carrying floatable shotgun cases and holding a box of brand new redhead waders! I went up to a guy in the section looking at some shells and asked, "you ready for season Friday?" he replied that yes he and 7 more were heading to the causeway and going to be just like the duck commanders off duck dynasty! I said alright bubba, got my steel shot and left the area!

The duck hunting aisle where the calls and decoys were was insane, buying stuff left and right. All mojos were close to being sold out, and the wader section was sooo packed that they had 4 employees out there helping.

Those same guys were doing that when you were in kindergarten. Duck dynasty has probably added hunters to the sport for the first weekend of the season, but so has every other hunting show that's come on.
Not to mention the amount of funds that have been created by all the bubbas buying licenses and everything else. You started hunting because you thought it seemed cool I would imagine. No difference between those guys starting out and you starting out I would dare to say.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 11:46 pm 
Banded Black Duck

If they just started hunting because of a tv show, it a wonder they had time to go to bass pro between their storage auctions, running their pawn shop, gold mining, crab fishing, and gator hunting. :scratch :roll:

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27

PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 11:48 pm 
Harlequin Duck

duckhunter15 wrote:

Says the guy quoting Jase Robertson.
It's bringing more people into the sport which is what hunting as a whole needs.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 12:13 am 
Wood Duck

I find it hard to get upset with a family that mentions God in everything they do. Most popular show on tv ending every episode with a prayer to the one and only Jesus Christ... I say bring on the bubbas

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 4:00 am 
Wood Duck

Most of the guys will only hunt once or twice when they realize how much work is required.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 4:01 am 
Gadwall

It's good that the bubbas are getting into the sport! but at thesame time it's bad for me trying to find some ringneck decoys! THEY'RE SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE!

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 8:00 am 
Redhead

free78 wrote:
duckhunter15 wrote:

Says the guy quoting Jase Robertson.
It's bringing more people into the sport which is what hunting as a whole needs.

Amen. He is right. More people into the sport means more people in opposition to gun legislation, PETA, and so on. Yes they were doing this same thing, and I was one of them, 25-30 years ago. However, we only had one place to get our stuff, The Out House. Let'em go. They will be through in a couple weeks moving on to something else.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 12:41 pm 
Canvasback

If they watched Duck Dynasty to get tips for hunting, then they did not learn much. I have yet to see them actually hunt and I don't mind. I watch the show for entertainment and enjoy its wholesome approach. I doubt that Duck Dynasty is adding a large amount of newbies. They come out like that every year. Besides I have been helping care for my terminally ill Dad here in the cove at Waterfront and I would say that the boat numbers are down here, but so are the ducks.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 3:15 pm 
Harlequin Duck

Im speaking from the number of "hunters" out on the water and on the sides of the road this year. There are more friggin' people running around before season than I have ever see. There is literally not a spot anywhere around the delta that there isnt a blind. Flat out ridiculous. There are now more "hunters" than the area we have has room for.

The blind wars have already started. Ive seen atleast 5 Blinds already, that are flattend.

Gadwalls in my part of the country aren't puddle ducks....

PostPosted: December 1st, 2012, 2:36 pm 
Gadwall

The funds are good for the state and I have a feeling you'll be able to get a good deal on some "basically new" gear come January. I say they'll have a slow start to the season, then holes will start getting ice in them and the newbs will quit getting up to freeze their butts off. It's more work hunting ducks than anything I've ever hunted. Most people won't stick to it once they've seen how tough it is.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2013, 8:29 pm 
Coot

Duck Dynasty has added alot more "hunters" this year, but that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the lack of respect shown by some of these kids. Not all, but most, have some smart comment to make when you try to explain to them why they shouldn't set up 100 yds away, or why sky busting is bad. There were several places I hunted last year that I had all to myself, but this year there would be 3 or 4 teenagers there when I arrived on several occasions, all decked out in drake camo with facepaint on. When I asked to hunt with, I was told this was their spot, to move on.