It is currently December 12th, 2017, 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Puppies Ads
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 8:46 am 
Quackmaster

Reminder: No commercial puppies ads are allowed unless you are a sponsor of the site. If one is posted, it will be deleted immediately, and without question. Thanks, and I hope you understand.

All ads other than from our sponsors must be made in the classifieds forum.

Last edited by alduck on July 9th, 2007, 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 3:29 pm 
Ruddy Duck

Why????? :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 4:17 pm 
Wood Duck

Well, I think that it is partly because you are using the site to advertise on. Another reason, if you are going to get financial gain from above said advertising, you should give back to the site in some shape or form to better it and allow all of us to enjoy it more and more. Also sponsors can make this place a better one. Furthermore, if someone is running a business and they pay to advertise on a site you are basically selling the same thing. Wouldn't it seem that they would be blowing their money and it was useless to pay the advertising dollar. Kennels are difficult to run and attract clients. It takes a while to build up clientel and for word to travel about your business. If I had to guess I would think that these might be the reasons behind that.

http://www.magnumrunkennels.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 4:52 pm 
Ruddy Duck

Fair enough. BUT...Why don't he powers that be charge a percentage of the sale on puppies? 3-5% per puppy sounds reasonable. That would be $10-$30 on each puppy.

BTW, I don't have any puppies to sell but I do get on here looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 6:21 pm 
Mallard

This is just the easiest way to control the ads. Folks that want to sell pups generally just advertise with a banner here. It's probably cheaper and longer lasting than a per-pup deal.

Mark Twain

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 7:21 pm 
Redhead

Who are the sponsors and what banners.It may be my pc but the only banners or sponsors ive seen is the two stickers on the right hand side of the page.
Where do i look?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 7:23 pm 
DUX Regular

At the top of this page.....Southern Duck Boats & Magnum Run Kennels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 7:27 pm 
Redhead

There is nothing at the top of mine except the alducks logo and
the faq,search,etc..
What do i do to fix it

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 7:31 pm 
DUX Regular

Hmmmm!! That is strange. The addy's should be right under that. :-?
May have to get with ALDUCK on this one. :-? They should show up just as I posted. Have you got your pop-up blocker disabled for this site? Sometimes on mine there's a spot at the top somewhere that says click to view images. (?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 7:41 pm 
Redhead

I checked and pop up blocker is off. O h well

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 7:44 pm 
DUX Regular

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 9:28 pm 
Quackmaster

sbakerz71 wrote:
I checked and pop up blocker is off. O h well

Did that fix ya? It has to do with the template you are using I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 1:10 pm 
Tundra Swan

Alduck please check your e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 5:39 pm 
Banded Black Duck

I'm new on here and to duck hunting and don't want to rock the boat, but what about all the trainers on here that run clinics and other types of training for us. I appreciate them doing this but is that not a direct conflict with Magnum Run since they offer training? I have seen several posting on here announcing someone going into the training business full time soliciting business through this site. Are these not in direct conflict with our sponsor? I agree with Rebelman that a charge could added to run puppy ads. Someone may have some jam up puppies that we would never know about unless they were alllowed to post it. Sorry trainers not picking on you and I do appreciate what you contribute to this site, but that's just the way I see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 7:33 pm 
Tundra Swan

sbakerz71 wrote:
There is nothing at the top of mine except the alducks logo and
the faq,search,etc..
What do i do to fix it

I was just scanning through reading this and I thought that said fag search..... :lol:

I thought whoa .............he is on a different site than I am.

the thing about charging a percentage per puppy well how would you enforce that? say you run a add for some pups and I PM you for your phone number. how does anybody know if I bought any pups or 20 pups or what I paid for them. that would just be hard to manage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 9:44 pm 
Tundra Swan

Does this mean that ads for boats will not be allowed as well? I do not have any pups to sell nor do I intend to. But I see no wrong in an individual who is not a commercial breeder letting everyone know that they have a litter. There is a big difference in Joe Shmo with a litter once a year and a commercial breeder who churns out several litters a year. Get a few more sponsors for different things and there will be no use for a classifieds section any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 7:15 am 
Banded Black Duck

Like most of the other sites it would be an honor system. I have sold several items through another site and sent my money to them. It's a lot cheaper than the local paper and provides some extra income for the site.

Post subject: sponser?
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 9:06 am 
Gadwall

We have a litter from time to time and would like to be able to let people know about them. We are not pro trainers or pretend to be, but we do offer a good dog . We train our own dogs for hunting. We prefer that our dogs go to people (but not limited to) that hunt. We are very careful about who our dogs go to, we belive a dog is a family member, friend and hunting partner. We think it is very important to promote our sport and think that ALDUCKS is a great way of doing so. But we do think that big kennels or a big name does not make a dog be all of the above. I will say that our dogs come form Candlewood and Puddle Ducks lines and have the pedigree to become good gun dogs, but its up to the individual how far he or she whats to take it. We would be happy to give ALDUCKS a donation from time to time to help them out just like we do with other pro waterfowl organizations. I think that everyone that comes to this site is a sponser in some way. If noone came then there would be no site.Thank you ALDUCKS for giving me a forum to speak my mind and I do hope that everyone has a good day! Zane Hodges
DoubleDlabs@bellsouth.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 11:34 pm 
Quackmaster

Please see the original post, I have revised it. Let me say that I do not mind if someone has a pup or two for sale, or an occasional litter. I should have worded the original post better.

I equate this to the following. Say SDB is a sponsor. If a person has a used flat bottom to sale, I see no problem with it. However, I would have a problem with Guntersville Boat Mart or Anderson Boats advertising their specials.

Thanks to each of you for your opinions and support for the site.

Oh, and I will be more than happy to take a donation, and even encourage it . :lol:

Post subject: Re: Puppies Ads
PostPosted: June 6th, 2009, 10:59 am 
Coot

OK!Now im really confucius!I have lab pups I need to find good homes for.First litter!Im not a "breeder" and am not doing this for money.Its just something I always wanted to do and I have a awsome male and female.I NEED TO FIND GOOD HOMES FOR THESE WONDERFUL PUPS!Where do I post them for sell?