It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is pretty wide open, but there are just a few rules.

1) This is NOT a place to sell calls or dekes. This is just to share your work and discuss techniques - and get feedback.

2) If you post up a piece of work,and it gets made fun of - not our problem. When you post a piece for critique you better be able to handle negative comments. If you can't handle negative remarks - don't post.

3) IF you make 20 duck calls, please don't add 20 topics in the same day. Put all 20 in one topic. Now if you make some more next week, feel free to add a new post.

THANKS AND HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: October 21st, 2013, 1:47 pm 
Mallard

I bought a 12v single channel wireless switch off of ebay for a little project i'm working on. It didn't come with any directions. When i connect the 12v battery directly to the motor i'm using for the project, it works fine. However, when I try to use the remote to activate the wireless switch, the switch unit just clicks, and the motor doesnt do anything.

There are 5 ports in the switch. Pos. Neg. COM NC and NO. I had hoped it would be as simple as plugging the pos and neg from the 12v battery to the pos and neg on the switch, the pos from the motor to the NC on the switch and neg from the motor to the COM port on the switch but no dice. I've tried all sorts of combos to connect the motor to the switch but cant make anything happen. I guess it is possible that the switch is bad but i'm more inclined to believe there's user error.

Any suggestions from the electrical brethren out there? That stuff is voodoo to me.

Attachments:
wireless switch.jpg
wireless switch.jpg [ 24.93 KiB | Viewed 1063 times ]

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 7:42 pm 
Harlequin Duck

It should work like this po an neg from the battery to pos neg on the switch .dc the com port or common will be the black wire from the motor the other should go in the NO when you energize it it works like a relay and closes bringing power to the motor. FYI nc=normally closed no=normally open which refers to the contacts in their de energized state when energized normally open closes. And normally closed opens.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 7:49 pm 
Harlequin Duck

Unplug it from battery and Get a meter n turn it to ohms put one lead in the com and the other in the no should have infinite resistance. Or 0.L on the meter . Then put it in the nc and it will show some ohmatic value With power these will swap

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2013, 8:34 pm 
Mallard

Thanks for the input! I meant to post up that i got it figured out yesterday. Battery pos(+) to switch pos(+) as well as to switch COM (had to split battery positive). then ran motor neg(-) and battery neg(-) to switch neg(-). Ran motor pos (+) to switch NC and presto, it worked. The way i had it wired originally was only getting power to the switch and not allowing any to the motor.