It is currently October 18th, 2017, 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Magnum Run
PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 12:07 pm 
Coot

Thanks to everyone for their input.

As stated on the pervious post on Magnum Run Kennels. It might seem as a direct slam on Mike and his operation, it was not my intent. I am sure there are plenty of satisfied hunters out there with Mike and his abilities. I am just being honest with what my experience was with Magnum Run. I feel that my Black Lab (Terra) was not the dog I expected after training. Maybe that’s my issue and I expect to much from a young dog. But the issue with my Chocolate Lab (Gunny) is a real problem. The problems with her hip were found before she was even 6 months old and confirmed by a Vet of Mikes choice. She will never hunt or be able to have puppies. Both dogs are great as far as pets. They are loving, protective, and good natured. I love both of them and would never let them go. There still may be hope for Terra if I can find the right trainer. She has been going on many hunts and I have been trying to work with her but she still needs a lot of work. As far as Gunny she will be just a very big lap dog forever. And that’s ok with me. This forum is for all hunters to obtain information and exchange ideas as well as just hunting chat. Outfitters and Trainers who advertise goods and services for fee’s are going to have to listen to customers who are not satisfied. That’s business.

Post subject: Re: Magnum Run
PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 12:57 pm 
Mallard

Thats what freedom of speech is all about brother!!! Preach on!

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 2:53 pm 
Wood Duck

It is fredom of speech. I will handle anything that may arise as with any customer or client. That pup as stated before, did have issues that was noted by my vet. Could not be stated as dysplastic.

Like I said before. If you got problems with someone's work you go to them first. You don't come out and trash or bash them on a public forum. I have offered to take care of the above issues and that is that.

As I said early on in the other post. You can't make everyone happy, but you can offer to fix things and that is all.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 6:27 pm 
Redhead

Ruger69 wrote:
It is fredom of speech. I will handle anything that may arise as with any customer or client. That pup as stated before, did have issues that was noted by my vet. Could not be stated as dysplastic.

Like I said before. If you got problems with someone's work you go to them first. You don't come out and trash or bash them on a public forum. I have offered to take care of the above issues and that is that.

As I said early on in the other post. You can't make everyone happy, but you can offer to fix things and that is all.

I agree 100%. I have never used Magnum Run Kennels, but if you have a problem with a product or a sale, you don't just jump out there and bash someone and their business because you have a problem with the service. The first thing any reasonable person does is call and try to have the situation fixed. The only reason that you came on here and pitched your little fit was because you knew Magnum Run was a sponsor. Pretty childish if you ask me.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 6:30 pm 
Tundra Swan

Ruger69 wrote:

i like the way you handled this matter and when i need another dog in a couple of years i will be sure to come to you first...... the way you come back to a post that was bashing you and responded the way you did was good......

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 7:03 pm 
Wood Duck

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but were you not allowed to see the dog work before you took her home? I don't know about magnum, but the ones I've seen will work your dog for you to show you what it can do. If she did what you wanted when you left with her then i'll have to agree with yesterday's post, when they said you may had not work with her enough during the off season. She knows Mike as the boss and you as someone she can get away with things. Don't know, just my opinion.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 10:26 pm 
Coot

Swamp Hunter wrote:
Thats what freedom of speech is all about brother!!! Preach on!

Thanks, swamp hunter, we appreciate the freedom to voice opinions even if they are not popular with the club.
Den came out in the above post and made a point to say that its HIS experience and he did not intend it to be a direct slam on Mike. It isn't fair to expect ONLY good things to be said about someone all the time.