It is currently October 21st, 2017, 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 5:53 pm 
Hooded Merganser

which of the dixie lands calls is most prefered? i've tryed several locations and can't seem to find one that i like enough to fork out some cash.. most i have tried are to high pitched .. it seems that the opening of the body is to close to the tone board and that being so close it makes it have that high pitch to it.. i have several expensive calls which include an echo meat hanger and a few other custom calls i have got from different indivuals and they all out perform the tone of the dixie land calls i have tried...... i have fooled around and started experimenting with a few calls of my own and a little more distance seems to allow a little more raspyness and a slightly deeper tone which to me allows the caller more varyance to their calling... so is it just the calls i have tried or is it all of the dixie land calls

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 6:30 pm 
Tundra Swan

The Rogue is shortbarrel by design to have a little higher pitch. The Original is a deeper tone call with a longer barrel, thus the toneboard is further away from the opening.

The Rogue can be brought down to have a bit lower pitch by installing a longer reed.

Also a different air presentation into the call can change the pitch. I can get 4 different pitch hens out of a single reed Rogue. All by adjusting mouth cavity size, throat opening and air speed.

But the big factor in duck calls is that no one duck call will fit everyone, mine included.

Thanks for trying them out and if I can help modifying one for you to try let me know.

Brian

Dixie Land Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Dixie-Land-Calls/81636971363?ref=nf

PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 6:55 pm 
Pintail

That's funny, the reason I run a Dixie land. Is because I can get down low and nasty on mine. Different strokes for different folks. I run several calls and everyone has a different presentation. I don't want every call to sound the same! But I'm far from the best duck hunter. I do alot better on turkey's! 74 days till turkey season.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2010, 12:50 am 
Wood Duck

yah no problems out of my rogue i think the best attribute of the call is the variance in sound and it is super easy to blow.