It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rodeo
PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 1:55 pm 
Tundra Swan

sooo whos fishing? i will be looking for some trout starting in the AM.. but not toooo thrilled about all this fresh water run off we have from lingering rains..

Post subject: Re: rodeo
PostPosted: July 19th, 2013, 5:29 pm 
Redhead

The lagoon sure is muddy

PostPosted: July 19th, 2013, 8:40 pm 
Hooded Merganser

Any luck today Deeks? Last time i checked 6.9 lbs was leading for specks.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2013, 6:05 pm 
Tundra Swan

Been catchin trout but the biggest anyone has caught in the boat was 4 .7#... river is wh where I have been catching all my big trout then the epic floods from last week washed all that fresh water down and trout are gone.. fished river yesterday caught 1 trout... fished rigs today did good on trout just nothing major.. guy in the boat caught 7.1# sheephead by our scales..sure it will hit the scales this evening.. maybe we will find a good one tomm

PostPosted: July 21st, 2013, 3:13 am 
Canvasback

I'm in it. 6.9, 6.5, 6.1 are leading it.
We are #1with a 4.4 in non motor division.
Took the boat out to try and catch some Spanish but way to rough for the war eagle. We did catch 13 sharks but no size.
Also fished for pompano but gave up after reeling in our 42nd catch fish all on sand fleas. And yes I counted it was redicoulus. I even caught one on a sobiki rig in the bay. What the heck is going on with these things. My buddy's finger is huge where he got finned.
3 more hours till daylight to catch a big speck. I can't seem to find one over 5lbs

1. Jesus Christ

2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2013, 8:56 am 
Canvasback

We caught one that should be over 5lbs. I broke off at the net on a monster. Trying to net in a Back brace was near impossible and my fishing buddy couldn't here me screaming over the wind. Been up for around 30 hrs. 9 hrs to go. I'm getting to old for this crap.

1. Jesus Christ

2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2013, 11:26 am 
Pintail

caught a few nice Mahi, one at the Marlin and one at the Ram. Seas were SH*T, 5-6 foot rollers and building all weekend. spent a lot of time running around thunderstorms and waiting out the ones we couldnt bump around. Felt real sorry for the folks out there in the Center Consoles. the tuna and Billfish bite was nowhere to be found, guess we should have ran east to the steps or the spur, as i heard some folks found some out there. I'm sure most of the big tuna were dumped either way south Near the Independence Hub or way west out near venice. caught a few firsts, an african pompano on the 255 rig. and a Unicorn Filefish while catching bait on some grain bins 8 or so miles out of the pass. The Filefish was good enough for 1st place in the most unusual category, but none of our other fish made the board. all in all it was a fun weekend, the bite was slow but we went 2/3 on bluewater trolling knockdowns so i cant complain. Had a great time with good friends.

" In Timberwoods and pothole shooting, I would much rather have a call and no decoys, then decoys and no call." -Nash Buckingham