It is currently December 12th, 2017, 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gulf shores?
PostPosted: July 15th, 2013, 7:54 pm 
Redhead

I was going to finally get my inshore fishing trip I have been trying to do for years but as always it was pulled away at the last minute. I will be staying in a house on the little lagoon is there any chance of catching some fish off the pier behind the house? I figure to use some live bait under a popping cork. What size hooks and wieght do I need? I plan on stoping at the bass pro at Spanish fort on the way down so I can pick up what I need. You can pm if you would prefer but I can keep my mouth shut.

Post subject: Re: Gulf shores?
PostPosted: July 15th, 2013, 10:11 pm 
Canvasback

That will work. A lot of fishermen this weekend the Alabama rodeo is this weekend. Biggest saltwater tournament in the gulf. But if your pier has lights you should kill them on live bait.

1. Jesus Christ

2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2013, 8:48 am 
Tundra Swan

if your fishing the lights.. don't waste your time of money on live bait.. this will outfish live bait 10 to 1 (and has been proven many many nights :mrgreen: )... they are crappie jigs but are killer killer killer on trout.. get zoom tiny fluke or 2 1/4" fin-s (if you can find them) in baby bass color, smoking shad, or baitfish color and put on a 1/8 or 1/16 jig head..

http://www.basspro.com/Zoom-Tiny-Fluke/product/52785/

throw on 4-6# line... throw under the lights and steadily twitch it while reeling really really slow...basically as if you were working a topwater lure but shorter twitches.. have plenty of jig heads cause your gonna lose them... as far as fishing the dock there are some HUGE trout in the lagoon and ppl catch 9-10# every year out of it and most of the time at night under lights.. also some great wade fishing there around the pass and sandbars.. mirrodines are great lures. i like the mid size with chartruse top and silver/white sides..

PostPosted: July 16th, 2013, 12:44 pm 
Hooded Merganser

Go to lagoon pass. Throw a cast net under the bridge and you will catch plenty of 3-4 inch baby croaker. Number 8 treble hook about 18-24 inches under a slip weight. A couple weeks ago there were plenty of specks, slot reds, and some flounder being caught there standing on the beach. Fish were biting for about an hour after day break, then for about an hour before dark. Gonna catch about 6 to 8 skip jack for every keeper fish. Be careful at dark. Had about a 5 foot bull shark in about 2 foot of water right on the beach. I didnt go but my boys were bringing in a good many specks from lights in lagoon using live shrimp.
Good Luck

PostPosted: July 16th, 2013, 6:00 pm 
Redhead

Thanks guys for the tips and pm's I hope the pier has lights. Deeks I've got plenty of tiny flukes I use the for white bass and stripes up here and have a couple of secret baits that they should love if they like those flukes. I will be carful but a shark in 2 feet of water on 8lb line sounds like it could be fun if I could get him to bite. :cool

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2013, 4:30 pm 
Redhead

My luck with saltwater fishing continues there was no light on our pier or any others in my area. Had a guy take us in the bay Saturday night to fish the lights but 2 to 3 foot waves 15mph winds and a 1000lbs of people in a 16' skiff that was a fun boat ride but was to rough to fish. Went to west pass with red and purple flags walked about 50' out in the surf we did catch a few skip jacks I caught 1 about 3lbs everybody said was big for a skip jack. I caught a small sting ray in the pass and a lizzard fish at the pier. At least I caught a saltwater fish not the ones I wanted but I did catch something. Thanks for all the tips and help guys.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 54.76 KiB | Viewed 1198 times ]