It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What do i fish with?
PostPosted: June 30th, 2013, 10:55 am 
Tundra Swan

Well I'm headed home. Caught 2 fish. Since I'm such a hardcore saltwater fisherman now I bought a Salt Life shirt and decal :D.

Post subject: Re: What do i fish with?
PostPosted: July 1st, 2013, 8:07 am 
Mallard

deeksdown wrote:
lol i could go on for days and day on what to use and where.. but honestly its one of those things you gotta know what to look for and read what fish want.. but i will tell you my #1 goto mc nasty goto bait for trout in shallow water right now (less than 8') is this http://www.texstackle.com/product/mirro ... 1805-1.htm
the middle size mirrodine with chartruse back.. trout are crunching on menhaden and croakers right now due to post spawn conditions trying to fatten back up and get energy back.. this is the absolute best bait and will out fish live bait if you give it a chance.. but i will warn you trout aren't the only ones that like them.. be prepared to have several backups cause spanish mackeral love them.. presentation is easy.. but the key is to be slooooooow and let the bait do the work... cast it out, twitch twice, literally count to 4 seconds before twitching it twice again and repeat steps.. they will crush it on the fall!!! fish parallel with the beach in the first set of troughs (deep channel right off beach where the wave break).. trout will suspend in the troughs waiting for bait to get washed down them...

Fished last week and caught almost all my fish on a mirrodine! Also started catching a few flounder along with specks on a vudu shrimp!