It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 8th, 2013, 4:00 pm 
Ruddy Duck

Hello all,

I wanted to drop in and say hello to. I am from N. AL and I love to duck hunt, but as my name says, I'd rather be fishing. I have been following and reading (and laughing often) for some time now, but finally bit the bullet and decided to join in. I probably wont post much, but I will continue to read and laugh along with you guys often.

I am going to the Destin/Ft. Walton area in two weeks. i love to fish. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as she has never been fishing on the coast. I took the advice of a different post and checked out the Half Hitch tackle site and read on a few other places about the jetties, but I am still fairly ignorant when it comes to catching fish in the bay/ocean.

I'd like to get offshore, but dont know of any party boats, and I am not sure of economical options for bay fishing either. I am in a tight spot with not much time to plan.

Thanks again for any help

Last edited by ratherbfishin on June 29th, 2013, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2013, 4:09 pm 
Canvasback

ratherbfishin wrote:
Hello all,

I wanted to drop in and say hello to. I am from N. AL and I love to duck hunt, but as my name says, I'd rather be fishing. I have been following and reading (and laughing often) for some time now, but finally bit the bullet and decided to join in. I probably wont post much, but I will continue to read and laugh along with you guys often.

The reason I'm joining is I am taking my girlfriend (soon to be fiance but shhhh) to the Destin/Ft. Walton area in two weeks. She loves to fish as much as I do and I have been promising her we'd at least try to find a bite while we are there. ANY help would be greatly appreciated as she has never been fishing on the coast. I took the advice of a different post and checked out the Half Hitch tackle site and read on a few other places about the jetties, but I am still fairly ignorant when it comes to catching fish in the bay/ocean.

I'd like to get her offshore, but dont know of any party boats, and I am not sure of economical options for bay fishing either. I am in a tight spot with not much time to plan.

Thanks again for any help. My dog and I both look forward to being part of your community!

2 Tim 1:7

The big Bull red's should be running into the bay this time of year and the Jetties in destin can be freaking awesome! At least they were this time of year when I used to have a bring break :cry: sigh

PostPosted: March 8th, 2013, 5:59 pm 
Ruddy Duck

Those sound like fun. I have read about fishing the proper tides at that location and that the time of day also matters alot. You have any advice in those regards or about the types of baits/rigs to use?

Also, and most importantly, I am assuming from your name that you are military, and if so, then thanks for the service.

2 Tim 1:7

PostPosted: March 11th, 2013, 8:37 am 
Canvasback

Time of day didn't seem to matter just the tides. When the tide is going out to sea they are at the mouth of the bay (jetties) and bridge and when it's flowing in they go deeper into the bay. You can also get a gotcha plug or spoon and fling those off the jetties or beach and catch lady fish and bluefish that's a blast!

PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 4:27 am 
Hooded Merganser

Florida waters were very exciting though.