It is currently December 12th, 2017, 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IRON BOWL 2013
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2013, 11:54 am 
Canvasback

Well Alabama "SHOULD" win this game, but i'm just glad half of this guaranteed prediction was wrong:

+1

Still a LOT of ball to be played.

SO much parity in the SEC, almost like the PROs, ANY team can win on any given Saturday.

IT was much more fun to watch the Auburn game than the Bama game.

But as I stated at the Begining of the season, Auburn will finish with 3-4 losses, and Bama will be undefeated.

God Bless you

http://www.sportsmensdevotional.com/prayer.htm

PostPosted: November 25th, 2013, 1:26 pm 
Ruddy Duck

Haha this is funny. Some of you guys take football WAY to seriously. Some of you really need to get a life and find something to do with yourself instead of being a wanna be ESPN analyst.

With that said I do not nor did I go to either school. So from the outside in this is what I see.

Nick Saban, yes the worshiped Nick Saban has a grand record for 1-5 when facing a 10 win or better Auburn team. Yes he has only beaten AU once when they have won 10 or more games in a season. Now when they have won less than 10 games he is 5-0.

BUT do I really think that Auburn can beat the depth of Alabama? I am not sure. All I know is that Auburn really doesn't have anything to prove. Everyone though they were terrible and now they are ranked #4 that proves enough. Lets say they do get beat. What happens then? haha they lost to the team that has won back to back championships...

BUT if they win, then guess what? They BEAT the team that won the past two championships.... They are gonna throw everything they have at Alabama, and you know that Malzahn will have his team prepared.

Either way its gonna be a great game!!

PostPosted: November 25th, 2013, 9:19 pm 
Redhead

[quote="turkeykiller22"]Haha this is funny. Some of you guys take football WAY to seriously. Some of you really need to get a life and find something to do with yourself instead of being a wanna be ESPN analyst.

No such thing as taking football too seriously! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 4:08 am 
Tundra Swan

Location: Parks City, TN just over the Bama line North of Huntsville
28SemperFi28 wrote:
Well Alabama "SHOULD" win this game, but i'm just glad half of this guaranteed prediction was wrong:

+1

SO much parity in the SEC, almost like the PROs, ANY team can win on any given Saturday.

But as I stated at the Begining of the season, Auburn will finish with 3-4 losses, and Bama will be undefeated.

God Bless you

Well, you had to dig for that one.....

and don't shoot until they get in Range ????
(not so fast...)

When AU looses to Bama, and then looses their bowl game, they will have 3 losses.....

God Bless you

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 9:55 am 
Canvasback

gobama123 wrote:
28SemperFi28 wrote:

+1

God Bless you

Well, you had to dig for that one.....

and don't shoot until they get in Range ????
(not so fast...)

When AU looses to Bama, and then looses their bowl game, they will have 3 losses.....

God Bless you

Nope didn't have to dig I knew exactly where that post was :lol: we may end up with 2 losses, but not 3 keep on dreaming

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 10:58 am 
Harlequin Duck

I like how most of y'all say "WE", like you were in the huddle last weekend or had your hand in the dirt. Slightly off topic, but worth mentioning. Anyway, carry on with the foolishness...

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 11:00 am 
Hooded Merganser

Whatever barner thinks they will win this game easily needs to learn alot about football. Au was a pick 6 from losing to Ole Miss; who Bama shutout. They were toe to toe the entire game with a declining a&m team. Bama was two yards from blowing them away(dunno why media suggests that was a close game). Bama played terrible against Miss St. and won by two possessions. The barn had to have a last minute drive just to win the game. The barn got curb stomped by an Lsu team who rolled over in the 2nd half; Bama dominated them. Georgia? Hahahaha. Celebrating against a severely beat up team who lost to VANDY. That was an embarrassment that it was even a game. The barn has confidence in their favor like they have all year which is a big deal. They think they can come in and knock Bama off which will go a long way. At the end of the day Bama is a much better all around team and unless there is several fumbles(which is likely) Bama should win comfortably. Roll Tide! 33-24

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 11:08 am 
Canvasback

clint.cook wrote:
I like how most of y'all say "WE", like you were in the huddle last weekend or had your hand in the dirt. Slightly off topic, but worth mentioning. Anyway, carry on with the foolishness...

You do realize it's a school and not a footbal team right?

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 12:58 pm 
Harlequin Duck

28SemperFi28 wrote:
clint.cook wrote:

You do realize it's a school and not a footbal team right?

As a matter of fact, I do. I have a nice, framed piece of paper from Auburn, (Roll Tide). Not one single time did I take a snap or call a play in Jordan-Hare. Therefore I don't say "we", like most of the Walmart fans around here.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 1:37 pm 
Canvasback

Well aight then. I guess "WE" is just an easier way to make sure there is no confusion of which team you are on a forum B*@!$ing about or for :lol:

Shall we continue? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 26th, 2013, 11:15 pm 
Wood Duck

jshirls3 wrote:
Whatever barner thinks they will win this game easily needs to learn alot about football. Au was a pick 6 from losing to Ole Miss; who Bama shutout. They were toe to toe the entire game with a declining a&m team. Bama was two yards from blowing them away(dunno why media suggests that was a close game). Bama played terrible against Miss St. and won by two possessions. The barn had to have a last minute drive just to win the game. The barn got curb stomped by an Lsu team who rolled over in the 2nd half; Bama dominated them. Georgia? Hahahaha. Celebrating against a severely beat up team who lost to VANDY. That was an embarrassment that it was even a game. The barn has confidence in their favor like they have all year which is a big deal. They think they can come in and knock Bama off which will go a long way. At the end of the day Bama is a much better all around team and unless there is several fumbles(which is likely) Bama should win comfortably. Roll Tide! 33-24

This kind of logic baffles me. It is almost impossible to compare performances against common opponents these days, especially with differing styles of offense/defense. I mean, by this logic, what does that say about LSU when Ole Miss beat them, but you shut Ole Miss out. Then, LSU hands Texas A&M their worst loss of the year, a lot worse than Auburn or Alabama did. It really tells you nothing except that some teams play inconsistently from week to week. What you should look at is which teams improve from week to week, who has the ability to adjust in-game, and how they handle high pressure situations. I think all of those are more accurate measures of a team. And Auburn has done all of them well.

First off, the MS State game was our first SEC game and we had not even really got our run game established yet. Same for LSU. Not to mention it was at night in Baton Rouge in a monsoon. The first half we struggled in the rain losing a key receiver to an ACL injury as well as two fumbles. We played lights out in the second half and almost won. We didn't really establish our offensive identity until the Ole Miss game. Both of these point to a team that never gave up and fought back. One they won and one they lost. However, since the Ole Miss game, they have improved every single week, they have won some tough road games (Texas A&M) and cruised through others in dominant fashion (Arkansas, Tennessee). Auburn has shown the ability to improve every single week, make outstanding half-time adjustments to play even better in the 2nd half (minus the anomaly versus UGA, which was nowhere near the same team Vandy played), and most importantly they never count themselves out. They believe they can win every game and they can.

Now for the real logic. Alabama is by far the better football team. They are excellent both on offense and defense, they're a complete team. Auburn is VERY good offensively. I think Auburn's offensive schemes will match up well with Bama's defense, and it will be a fun chess match to watch. Auburn is good defensively, but does have holes. The defense is actually pretty decent in the secondary and pretty stout on the line, it's the linebacker positions where our true weakness lies. Bad match up for Alabama's running game. As for special teams, I think Auburn has a slight edge there. By God we're going to have good kickers.

With all that said, I think that Auburn will have to play lights out and have their best game thus far to win, and even then it will be close. They can have no turnovers, must run the football successfully and will need to get pressure on McCarron, consistently to win.

Also, Malzahn knows that Saban loves to steal play calls for the opposing team. He's truly from the Belichick mold in that regard. That shutout vs. Ole Miss, yea, that's only because their former coach who now works for UA was in the booth basically telling Kirby Smart what they were about to run.

Same goes for the LSU game. Alabama was dominated that first half, until they were able to figure out LSU's play calls and adjust accordingly in the 2nd half, and well, you saw the difference. This isn't necessarily illegal, so I'm not implying wrong doing on Saban's part, but rest assured, Gus knows this and will plan accordingly, so they will not have that advantage over Auburn.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2013, 5:54 am 
Tundra Swan

Location: Parks City, TN just over the Bama line North of Huntsville
28SemperFi28 wrote:

Nope didn't have to dig I knew exactly where that post was :lol: we may end up with 2 losses, but not 3 keep on dreaming

Oh, I hope AU wins their Bowl game!
I was not predicting a bowl loss for them....
I was just saying that AU could still finish with 3 losses.

They have played WAY above expectations this season, and I am sincerely proud for them.
and IF it wasn't Iron-Bowl week, I would have more kind words for AU,

BUT, this week I don't have time for AU and their stupidity, or their snaggle-tooth Fans!

ROLL TIDE !!

PostPosted: November 28th, 2013, 3:20 pm 
Tundra Swan

gobama123 wrote:
28SemperFi28 wrote:

Oh, I hope AU wins their Bowl game!
I was not predicting a bowl loss for them....
I was just saying that AU could still finish with 3 losses.

They have played WAY above expectations this season, and I am sincerely proud for them.
and IF it wasn't Iron-Bowl week, I would have more kind words for AU,
I
BUT, this week I don't have time for AU and their stupidity, or their snaggle-tooth Fans!

ROLL TIDE !!

Oh the irony!!

PostPosted: November 30th, 2013, 9:10 pm 
Hooded Merganser

jaxx wrote:
I always love these type chats; fans on both sides speak out of emotion rather than statistical logic.

Auburn has a very one dimensional offensive team right now; lets not forget their qb was a db for GA not too long ago. Nobody has been able to run on Bama, and if you're going to tell me Trey Mason is better than Hill with LSU, you're just dumb and we have nothing more to chat about. And Mettenburger is one of the best qb's in the nation not to mention Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckam Jr are two 1st round pics in the draft. If my memory serves me correctly, a weak LSU defense stopped Auburn.

Ole Miss's coach said it best before they played Bama, when you line up the starting lineups together it looks close, but late in the game the depth that Bama has is too much. Auburn cannot stop the pass, nor the run and Bama's defense has gotten better each week. Too many play makers on both sides of the ball that all seem to come up with big plays. Vegas opened up with a 15 point line. I get why that's out there, but really think about that. And if you think Vegas is "stupid" might want to compare their house to yours.

Think about it like this. Since the A&M game, how many points have been scored against Bama. Now you really think Auburn is going to put up 30 against them. But will Bama put up 30 against Auburn.

I will bet a new Benelli SBE2 that Bama wins to anyone that wants to take that bet.

Bama 38
Auburn 17

Alright Mr no emotion, who wins the Benelli?

PostPosted: November 30th, 2013, 9:13 pm 
Wood Duck

OldFart wrote:
jaxx wrote:
I always love these type chats; fans on both sides speak out of emotion rather than statistical logic.

Auburn has a very one dimensional offensive team right now; lets not forget their qb was a db for GA not too long ago. Nobody has been able to run on Bama, and if you're going to tell me Trey Mason is better than Hill with LSU, you're just dumb and we have nothing more to chat about. And Mettenburger is one of the best qb's in the nation not to mention Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckam Jr are two 1st round pics in the draft. If my memory serves me correctly, a weak LSU defense stopped Auburn.

Ole Miss's coach said it best before they played Bama, when you line up the starting lineups together it looks close, but late in the game the depth that Bama has is too much. Auburn cannot stop the pass, nor the run and Bama's defense has gotten better each week. Too many play makers on both sides of the ball that all seem to come up with big plays. Vegas opened up with a 15 point line. I get why that's out there, but really think about that. And if you think Vegas is "stupid" might want to compare their house to yours.

Think about it like this. Since the A&M game, how many points have been scored against Bama. Now you really think Auburn is going to put up 30 against them. But will Bama put up 30 against Auburn.

I will bet a new Benelli SBE2 that Bama wins to anyone that wants to take that bet.

Bama 38
Auburn 17

Alright Mr no emotion, who wins the Benelli?

x2 ^^^

PostPosted: December 1st, 2013, 10:11 pm 
Mallard

Bwaaaahahahaha!

WAR DAYUM EAGLE!

I love it! Could not have been a sweeter ending to your perfect season! So long AJ, sure am glad you cried about getting that one sec back. How'd that work out for ya!

Bwaaaahahahaha!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 10:03 am 
Gadwall

jaxx wrote:

Bama 38
Auburn 17

You're right...Auburn couldn't run on bama. Now that is a JOKE. How do you feel about your analysis of the game after it is all said and done?

Maybe they should take part of saban's salary and start paying to recruit a better kicker who won't choke when things get tough. Oh and the "best" football coach in the country really let bama down with numerous idiotic calls.

WAR EAGLE!!