It is currently December 13th, 2017, 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IRON BOWL 2013
PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 9:28 am 
Wood Duck

SThomp wrote:
Dang, how hard did she get tipped over?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for the laugh!

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 10:34 am 
Tundra Swan

Clint Cook says War Eagle!!!

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 10:55 am 
Harlequin Duck

Flightstopper wrote:
Clint Cook says War Eagle!!!

Never in my life...

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 12:43 pm 
Redhead

SThomp wrote:
gobama123 wrote:
THE University of ALABAMA - 38
the Barners.................. - 16

Question: why are they the Auburn Tigers, yet they bring an Eagle to the Game???????

I know it is a "Cow" college and they like animals down there, but can't you just pick 1 , for your mascot ?????????

Back in the 70s and 80s, it was a Golden eagle, Now they have switched to a Bald eagle....
Poor aubbies, just can't make up their mind.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God Bless you

Same reason the Alabama calls themselves the tide yet bring a fake elephant to the game.

The eagle is not a mascot they bring an eagle because of the battle cry and because auburn is home to the southeastern raptor rehabilitation center. Auburn still flies a golden eagle and usually only flies the bald eagle when its near a military holiday.

Kinda hard to bring a "tide" to the game.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 1:10 pm 
Canvasback

mjeter1991 wrote:
SThomp wrote:
gobama123 wrote:

Question: why are they the Auburn Tigers, yet they bring an Eagle to the Game???????

I know it is a "Cow" college and they like animals down there, but can't you just pick 1 , for your mascot ?????????

Back in the 70s and 80s, it was a Golden eagle, Now they have switched to a Bald eagle....

God Bless you

Same reason the Alabama calls themselves the tide yet bring a fake elephant to the game.

The eagle is not a mascot they bring an eagle because of the battle cry and because auburn is home to the southeastern raptor rehabilitation center. Auburn still flies a golden eagle and usually only flies the bald eagle when its near a military holiday.

According to who? I have seen it for years :lol:

Attachments:
roll-tide-morons.jpg
roll-tide-morons.jpg [ 197.08 KiB | Viewed 705 times ]

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 1:48 pm 
Ruddy Duck

Attachments:
redneck_au_fan.jpg
redneck_au_fan.jpg [ 28.62 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]
100818.18.jpg
100818.18.jpg [ 40.48 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 5:58 pm 
Canvasback

Surely all you guys don't really believe AU beats Bama by 4+ td's??

I was leaning towards Bama winning by 13.

But with all the absurd predictions flying around, to hell with that prediction.

The University of Alabama 77

The Fighting tiggercats 3

8)

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 7:57 pm 
Tundra Swan

Your right. I say 5 TDs

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 9:30 pm 
Banded Black Duck

Iam just glad I got my Christmas card early from nick and AJ this year. The last year for both at Bama :cry:

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 9:38 pm 
Canvasback

tbeaux wrote:
Iam just glad I got my Christmas card early from nick and AJ this year. The last year for both at Bama :cry:

What's going on above the fireplace there.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2013, 11:13 pm 
Redhead

AJ's girl

Rifle reloading equipment
Used layout blinds
Old barns

PostPosted: November 21st, 2013, 10:49 am 
Tundra Swan

Looks like the cats on meth

PostPosted: November 21st, 2013, 12:16 pm 
Banded Black Duck

I always love these type chats; fans on both sides speak out of emotion rather than statistical logic.

Auburn has a very one dimensional offensive team right now; lets not forget their qb was a db for GA not too long ago. Nobody has been able to run on Bama, and if you're going to tell me Trey Mason is better than Hill with LSU, you're just dumb and we have nothing more to chat about. And Mettenburger is one of the best qb's in the nation not to mention Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckam Jr are two 1st round pics in the draft. If my memory serves me correctly, a weak LSU defense stopped Auburn.

Ole Miss's coach said it best before they played Bama, when you line up the starting lineups together it looks close, but late in the game the depth that Bama has is too much. Auburn cannot stop the pass, nor the run and Bama's defense has gotten better each week. Too many play makers on both sides of the ball that all seem to come up with big plays. Vegas opened up with a 15 point line. I get why that's out there, but really think about that. And if you think Vegas is "stupid" might want to compare their house to yours.

Think about it like this. Since the A&M game, how many points have been scored against Bama. Now you really think Auburn is going to put up 30 against them. But will Bama put up 30 against Auburn.

I will bet a new Benelli SBE2 that Bama wins to anyone that wants to take that bet.

Bama 38
Auburn 17

PostPosted: November 21st, 2013, 12:23 pm 
Banded Black Duck

mjeter1991 wrote:
SThomp wrote:
gobama123 wrote:

God Bless you

Im sure mississippi states return team saw the tide come at em! Roll tide fellas auburn doesnt stand a chance, maybe next year, since thats what the aubies say every year! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 21st, 2013, 1:04 pm 
Pintail

jaxx wrote:
I always love these type chats; fans on both sides speak out of emotion rather than statistical logic...

Agreed.

jaxx wrote:
...Nobody has been able to run on Bama, and if you're going to tell me Trey Mason is better than Hill with LSU, you're just dumb and we have nothing more to chat about. And Mettenburger is one of the best qb's in the nation not to mention Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckam Jr are two 1st round pics in the draft...

Here is where I’ll apply statistical logic to your emotional argument.

You state that Hill is a better RB than Tre. This season Hill has averaged 107.1 yds/game while Mason averages 104.8. Hill has 13 TDs to Mason’s 17. Strictly off of productivity, I would say they are very close.

You then go on to talk about how great LSU is based off the “NFL” talent that is on that offense. So you tell me which is more impressive: 1,000yds on a balanced team where the passing game opens up the field for you, or 1,000yds when the opposition KNOWS you are running but can’t do anything about it? I’ll take Mason for $300 Alex.

jaxx wrote:
If my memory serves me correctly, a weak LSU defense stopped Auburn.

Well, since you love the LSU comparison, how about UAT rushed for 193 vs LSU… Auburn got 213.

Does any of this guarantee a win by one side or the other? Nope. But I’ll say this…

THEY HAVE A CHANCE.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2013, 2:33 pm 
Banded Black Duck

I can deal with this type discussion HippieKiller. Its the barner/bamer logic I cant chat with.

Hill's run time is split with Hillard, not to mention two outstanding receivers. Its not a love for LSU by any stretch, its I believe LSU is the greatest defense Auburn has played and play similar physical ball like Bama. Fact remains, I believe that if Auburn played them today, I believe AU wins; they have gotten better each week and LSU has remained stagnant at best.

Don't get me wrong, Alabama struggles with the option read; look at the Georgia St game from 3 years ago. I believe they called it the triple option. So Auburn will move the ball, I am not arguing that at all. Problem with this is, they showed weakness and fatigue quickly. Then went flat and didn't finish the GA game. They won, but it should have never come down a "luck" play, they dominated the 1st half and were within one TD of putting this away. Anything can happen in the Iron Bowl, but depth, being a complete team, finishing games and leadership are all in favor or Bama. That's how I derive at my conclusion of who wins.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2013, 3:01 pm 
Pintail

Jaxx, I think we are on the same page.

As an Auburn fan, I was disappointed with the way they finished the Georgia game. It was a reversal of what they have been doing. The tempo and rush attack has been wearing out defenses & allowing more rushing late in games. That simply was not the case against Georgia. They have 2 weeks to work that out.

For Auburn to win they will need to:
1 - Stay on the gas. They must push a fast tempo to prevent a bunch of substitutions. Stop the substitutions and depth is no longer a factor.
2 - Win the turnover battle.
3 - Have a little more luck. It's a funny shaped ball that bounces oddly. The good guys have a hot hand right now... see if they can keep that going.

The only thing BAD about this game is that it is a day game. That means I’ll have to miss a hunt to stay home and watch it. I really wish it would’ve been a night game…

PostPosted: November 21st, 2013, 9:25 pm 
Banded Black Duck

AU defense is A LOT of zone read left and zone read right, Basic runs. The tough part of it is all the motions, formations and movements pre snap that try and give the D a false read and try to get them crashing and commiting to a wrong spot. If a defense is not dedicated to being disciplined a team like AU will eat someone up. If the "read guy" on Defense is crashing and trying to get in the back field as quick as possible, thats what the QB wants a "quick read". If the Read guys on defense, usually the edge guys/LB'S hold tight for a split second longer it will completely screw up a zone read offense team. That puts the qb in the position of just deciding to keep or give the ball based on a "no read" situation. Then that free's up the Defensive players to then commit to the player with the ball post handoff. Same thing thats gave Stanford success against that gimicky offense of oregon. I think the match up plays well with Bama. I dont think Mosley and crew will lose discipline and if they dont, I don't see any back in the country that will catch the corner before Mosely is there to meet them and he doesn't fall backwards when laying a hit.
I do think AU can have some success and it will probably come in spurts. Seems like Malzahn always has a given play up his sleeves that is a guaranteed 7pts when he absolutely needs it. Dont think they will be able to pass the ball and dont think being one dimensional will beat bama.

Bama 35
Aubs 17

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2013, 5:56 am 
Tundra Swan

Location: Parks City, TN just over the Bama line North of Huntsville
jaxx wrote:
I always love these type chats; fans on both sides speak out of emotion rather than statistical logic.
I will bet a new Benelli SBE2 that Bama wins to anyone that wants to take that bet.

Bama 38
Auburn 17

Good Pick Jaxx.... considering I picked 38-16..., then TD887 comes in with 35-17....
You guys would never kill a duck with me in the boat, you have to be QUICK with your picks (and your shots... :lol: ).

When I come in on Monday, it will be time for some age old AUBURN JOKES,
I didn't put any up last season, because Auburn WAS a joke on the field, and I kinda felt sorry for them

I'm just trying to figure out some way for Bama to play Ohio St for the BCS title, so it will be a Cake-walk like ND was last year.

God Bless you

http://www.sportsmensdevotional.com/prayer.htm

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2013, 9:03 am 
Tundra Swan

Bring the jokes on old timer. I got plenty for red hub cap bammers myself :mrgreen: