It is currently December 11th, 2017, 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goose Tips over rice
PostPosted: January 10th, 2014, 10:17 pm 
Hooded Merganser

goose tips over rice. This is an easy middle of the week meal to fix. I normally use 2 geese when I make this meal. I have 5 mouths to feed at my house and 2 geese is normally more than enough to fill us up. We normally have some left over as well. I soak 4 skinned goose breast in mild salt water for a day or two before I cook them. Just let em soak and change the water out periodically. Removes alot of the blood. When ready to cook the honkers remove them from the water and cut into bite size pieces. Cut the meat across the grain. Put the pieces in the crock pot and add 1 pack of lipton beefy onion dry soup mix and a big can of cream of mushroom soup. just leave the crock pot on low and let em cook all day. Fix enough rice for everyone to eat. I usually add another small can of cream of mushroom to the crockpot while the rice is cooking.(thickens up the sauce a little). When rice is done serve the geese over the rice and you have a fine meal. I have served this to people who would not touch wild game and they couldn't tell the difference between the geese and beef tips. I think the geese turn out better than beef does sometimes. I have also cooked ducks and deer the same way and it has turned out good. Hope everyone enjoys!