It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Avery Quickset Blind???
PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 8:23 pm 
Wood Duck

I have a 19' g3 and am looking for a blind for the boat. I am looking at the avery but am open to suggestions. What is the Avery quickset with Killer Weed. Is is just a netting that comes with the killer weed kit to attach to the blind. Any suggestions on a prefab blind or blind builder would be appreciated. I am just getting a duck boat and want a blind so i can be mobile and explore new territory.

Thanks for any info.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2008, 3:06 am 
Coot

I HAVE A 15FT G3 WITH THE QUICK SET BLIND ON IT. IT WAS THE BEST THING THAT I BOUGHT FOR IT. WE KILLED MORE DUCKS OUT OF IT THAN ANYTHING ELSE THAT WE DID. THE NETTING COMES BUY IT SELF AND YOU ADD THE WEED TO IT TO YOUR LIKING. WHAT I DID WAS USE MOSS FROM TREE IN THE ARE WE WAS HUNTIN. I WOULD DO THAT. YOU CAN'T GO WRING BUYING AVERY THOGH. I BUY ONE AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT FOR MY NEXT BOAT!

PostPosted: August 30th, 2008, 7:50 am 
Banded Black Duck

I GOT ONE HANGIN IN THE GARAGE .if any body is looking to buy one. put it on my boat and used it twice. so you can say it is brand new. :many GOODAYFASTEEL

PostPosted: August 31st, 2008, 8:42 pm 
Gadwall

Just remember to find something vertical behind where you will be setting up your boat blind. With no cover behind you, you can look like a camo'd box on the water. Other than that, I have an avery blind on my 16' and like the ease of it. I bought some grass from the craft store, hobby lobby, to soften the edges of he blind.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2008, 9:42 pm 
Gadwall

the quickset blind is the only way to go in my opinion

PostPosted: November 21st, 2008, 8:05 am 
Wood Duck

I ENDED UP BUYING AN AVERY QUICKSET. I HAVE GOT IT SETUP AND IT WORKS GOOD. THE REAL TEST WILL BE NEXT WEEK WHEN I FINALLY GET TO USE IT.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 12:09 am 
Coot

So how did the blind work out for you? Any problems?

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 12:14 am 
Tundra Swan

pulled up a dinosaur thread did ya? lol fasteel you still got that one in your garage?

Lead, the original Black Cloud.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 12:35 am 
Harlequin Duck

the quick set blinds are great but you can make your own for about 50$. I made a pop up blind for my boat this year with electrical conduit, a hack saw, screw driver, and a measuring tape in about 3 hours. its pretty simple and building your own allows you to customize your blind to fit your boat perfectly. I put avery fast grass on mine and sat out on open water with no cover and didnt have birds flair once. The final product of my blind is my profile picture.

and kill them all

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 2:12 am 
Banded Black Duck

+1 on the customized do it ur self blind.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 5:09 pm 
Banded Black Duck

my friend just got the quick set this past year andits def. what i will be getting for my boat!! easy quick setup!! :cool

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2010, 4:55 pm 
Wood Duck

I HAVE USED THE AVERY QUICKSET FOR TWO SEASONS NOW. IT IS THE ONLY BLIND I HAVE USED SO CAN'T COMPARE TO OTHERS BUT I LOVE MINE. I PUT TWO KILLER WEED BOAT KITS ON MINE FOR THIS SEASON AND IT REALLY HELPED. IT TOOK ALL OF TWO KITS ON MY 19' BOAT TO GET A GOOD COVER. THE KILLER WEED WORKS GREAT SINCE IT ROLLS UP EASY WITH THE BLIND. THE SETUP IS PRETTY QUICK, LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES TO GET EVERYTHING UP AND FIXED. IT TAKES ABOUT 15 MINUTES WITH ONE PERSON AND 10 WITH TWO GUYS TO GET THE BLIND PUT UP AND READY TO RIDE DOWN THE ROAD.

I CANNOT COMPLAIN A BIT ABOUT MY BLIND. I LOVE IT. I HUNT THE COOSA RIVER THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME SO WE HUNT OUT OF THE BOAT AND A GOOD BLIND IS A MUST. AS LONG AS I HAVE A GOOD BACKDROP BEHIND ME I HAVE NO PROBLEM HIDING MY BOAT.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2010, 5:01 pm 
Gadwall

The Avery Quickset Blind is the best on the market and I would suggest it to anyone!!!

PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 5:19 am 
Wood Duck

I am thinking of building me a blind for my boat I just dont know where to start. Can you all that has a blind post some pictures of your blind on here so that I might get an idea on where to start.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 10:38 am 
Harlequin Duck

chehaw50 wrote:
I am thinking of building me a blind for my boat I just dont know where to start. Can you all that has a blind post some pictures of your blind on here so that I might get an idea on where to start.

build a rectangular frame that fits inside of your boat using electrical conduit and connectors. then build your 2 pop up sections they should look like this l____l build these 2 sections the exact same length of your frame and connect the ends of the pop up sections to the front and back part of the frame by drilling holes through the frame and ends of these sections. connect them with any kind of bolt. once connected sit in boat and pull up both sides (of the pop up sections) to your desired height and and where the 2 sections criss cross(X) at the front and back drill holes and run a slide pin through them and you have a pop up blind that one man can pop up. blind material is your preference. I used avery fast grass and zip tied it to some black wind screen then zip tied it to the pop up sections. when letting the blind down i just push the grass inside of the boat and let it down so it doesnt blow everywhere. if this soesnt help ill take some pics of mine and show you exactly how it looks. its pretty simple once you look at it. Also if you use conduit connectors take the little screws out of the connectors and when you get the connector where you want it on the conduit drill a little pilot hole through the conduit and replace with sheet metal screws because the screws in the connectors will vibrate loose and the sheet metal screws will ensure they stay there for good!

and kill them all

PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 10:40 am 
Harlequin Duck

chehaw50 wrote:

here is an out line. ill post pics next week

Attachments:
pop up blind build.jpg
pop up blind build.jpg [ 42.64 KiB | Viewed 2228 times ]

and kill them all