It is currently December 20th, 2014, 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Summer boat build!!
PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 10:14 am 
Tundra Swan

Guys I have been wanting to do this for year and years.. So I have been putting some money aside and now is the time.. I'm going to build a 20' tunnel hull extreme flats boat as shown here on the link http://www.bateau.com/boats/XF20/slides ... Heal1.html

I have built a few boats using stich and glue methods and figured I would go for it.. I have a boat problem.. I can buy a boat that I think I'm happy with and then just to find out it doesn't have everything I want on it... So after
discussing and a lot of planning this hull will meet my needs along with all my outlandish ideas I will incorporate everything I want and need into a bay/flats boat.. I will keep this forum updated with progress made over time..

Day 1. (after buying materials and plans)
Couple buddies came over and helped me built a 14' rolling frame to build and sit the boat on top of.. We then began nesting all the parts onto the plywood and laid about 5 sheets out of the 11 sheets..

Tomm plan on nesting out all the other parts and if time permitting start cutting parts out.

Post subject: Re: Summer boat build!!
PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 9:01 pm 
Tundra Swan

Keep it coming. I'd love to watch your progress.

Lead, the original Black Cloud.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 9:09 pm 
Possum Cop

Can't wait to watch this one come together. That rolling build frame was a very good call, makes boat building sooo much easier. Are you going to use a stitch and glue process on this build? I would think you would need more support on the chine area.

Keep it coming

PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 9:12 pm 
Hooded Merganser

i hope it comes out good

PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 9:26 pm 
Redhead

Wish I was closer to help. Looks awesome

PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 9:32 pm 
Tundra Swan

auwildlife wrote:
Can't wait to watch this one come together. That rolling build frame was a very good call, makes boat building sooo much easier. Are you going to use a stitch and glue process on this build? I would think you would need more support on the chine area.

Keep it coming

yup its gonna be all stich and glue.. trust me there is plenty of support if you could only see the plans.. this boat is gonna be a beast!! over 8' wide and right at 21' long and will plane off in 8" of water and run in 2".. its gonna be nice when she is done.. didn't get much done today since my parents paid and unexpected visit...

PostPosted: March 15th, 2011, 8:36 pm 
Tundra Swan

3/15/11
nested more peices on wood.. got all the sides, stringers, and bottom done now.. finishing up on the transom.. getting ready to cut some wood.. this weekend i should be able to begin stiching the peices together and make some FUN progress... no pics taken today nothing really interesting...

PostPosted: March 21st, 2011, 10:39 pm 
Gadwall

How is the build going? We need more pictures and info! Very cool build you have going there.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 5:41 pm 
Tundra Swan

well i had to cancel the build due to some unforseen issues that life threw at me..

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2011, 5:45 pm 
Gadwall

Sorry to hear that. I was very interested to see how the build went. Thought I might give it a try over the winter. That is my slower time with everything but duck hunting.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 4:58 pm 
Mallard

sorry to hear that seems like when everything starts going perfect for one thing 2 things happen maybe somethin good will come out of it