It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 5:39 pm 
Coot

I built my blind behind Eds 2 weeks ago, beefed it up the day before the season, and put a nice little sign up, only to find someone else in my blind opening morning. I told him to get the hell out, and he claimed he "Built the blind this morning". I had it marked on my gps and he threw my sign away. We got in a VERY heated argument, until he drew his gun on me, so i had to back down. I cant stand this kind of stuff. I called the game warden, and he was upset for me, but stated the it was un ethical for the man to take my blind, but it wasn't against the law. The warden did search every inch of his boat though, and stuck him w a $300 ticket for insufficient PFDs. The man who stole my blind opening day is ERIC BUZBEE (AKA the man who got away with MURDERING Mr. Wilson of Wilson's Service center in Spanish Fort. If u see him around please remind him he is a murdering scum bag, who ruined my opening morning.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 6:34 pm 
Tundra Swan

So he pointed a gun at you and they didnt say anything about that?

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 6:59 pm 
Coot

They did, but it was my word against his word, so if I pressed charges, they wouldve been dropped. Here is a video of him. Got away w murder, now he's stealing duck blinds opening morning. dang shame!

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 7:01 pm 
Tundra Swan

You keep it up and you might be next on his hit list!!!!!

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 7:09 pm 
Coot

U ain't kiddin. Here is the video of the guy who was in my blind

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-s ... umbers.htm

I put 3 -4 days of cuttin cane/bamboo and numerous trips to the causeway all in this blind, it's awful dirt bags like Mr. Buzbee will disregard the gentlemans rule of opening day blinds. When I found out he was the guy got away with murder, I wasn't too surprised.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 6:53 am 
Harlequin Duck

...and you boys on the G think yal have it bad.

This is actually a very common thing around here, there is NO respect. All I'll say is if any fool is dumb enough to pull a gun on me, he better use it.

Gadwalls in my part of the country aren't puddle ducks....

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 8:24 am 
Banded Black Duck

One of the very reason I didn't hunt there this weekend. What really gets me is that as many people that hunt there , the delta is still a big place. My son and two of his friends went Saturday morning hunted off the bank(west of tensaw) and killed 17 birds. The closest blind to them was atleast 6-7 hundred yards.

I feel for you putting all that time and energy in to building a blind and doing it right, then have a scum bag come along and ruin it. Somebody is going to get hurt or worse, I don't know what can really be done.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 8:43 am 
Harlequin Duck

My idea is that the State setup a Zone from I65 South or so. In this zone, you can purchase a Blind Sign for 25$ (only one per person), with the hunters name and season date on it, and the hunter could place it whereever he likes. And then make laws and set fines/penalties for breaking the laws surrounding the Blind Signs. Such as a minimum distance it must be from other signs and such. The sign is only good for opening day, after that it's fair game. Any sign other than a state issued one would be void.

The 25$ could be put back into the Fish and Wildlife fund.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 8:54 am 
Pintail

team.duck.down wrote:
My idea is that the State setup a Zone from I65 South or so. In this zone, you can purchase a Blind Sign for 25$ (only one per person), with the hunters name and season date on it, and the hunter could place it whereever he likes. And then make laws and set fines/penalties for breaking the laws surrounding the Blind Signs. Such as a minimum distance it must be from other signs and such. The sign is only good for opening day, after that it's fair game. Any sign other than a state issued one would be void.

The 25$ could be put back into the Fish and Wildlife fund.

Sounds good to me! Had some jacklegs set up so close to us Saturday morning their shot wads were almost landing in the boat with us.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 9:30 am 
Banded Black Duck

That sounds pretty good to me too. TDD you know the drill though, all the jack legs will give it up in a few weeks, then we can start killing ducks. :D

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 10:51 am 
Harlequin Duck

tbeaux wrote:
TDD you know the drill though, all the jack legs will give it up in a few weeks, then we can start killing ducks. :D

Oh yea, the interest never lasts, you will see a significant drop off in the numbers just next weekend. I'll be glad to see them fall off too. :D

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 11:03 am 
Harlequin Duck

I think they should have a draw system similar to what they do in Mississippi on their public lands.....like Mahannah

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 11:17 am 
Harlequin Duck

Beamer wrote:
I think they should have a draw system similar to what they do in Mississippi on their public lands.....like Mahannah

IMO I Definitely wouldnt go for that. That's just too restricted. They only draw for like 20 days a year. If you cant hunt those days you are screwed.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 12:49 pm 
Wood Duck

If you feel strongly about enacting a change, you should present your ideas and concerns to the Conservation Advisory Board at their next meeting. That is the route in which change takes place, but all I ever see there is dog hunters primarily, no waterfowl folks. Not my cup of tea on that particular style to deer hunt but with their high attendance at the CAB meetings and coordination of their group, they have been quite successful in accomplishing their goals. I understand your frustration due to lack of ethics in some of our waterfowl hunting community, trust me, but when it comes to enacting a change in law, rules or regulations that limits hunter opportunity and recruitment, it will be a difficult route to be successful. That said, concerned members of the general public have much more voice and influence in evolving these changes.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 6:22 pm 
Banded Black Duck

I've been to 2 advisory board meetings and have made presentations. Guys if you want your voice heard, by all means go. When you register to speak they will ask you if your presentation is about deer hunting or other. If your other you get to speak first. I say we flood the next meeting with "other" to let the DOC know that there are other interest in the state besides deer hunting. Your voice does matter and I can tell you from first hand experience the board is VERY receptive to recomendations and ideas concerning waterfowl and small game regulations. If any local guys want to go to the next one get with me and we will make the meeting.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 6:44 pm 
Pintail

I wouldn't mind going.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 7:03 pm 
Banded Black Duck

Tide78 wrote:
I wouldn't mind going.

We will go!!! If you like Jerry Springer we will stay and listen to the deer hunters a little while! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 8:38 pm 
Canvasback

i had a roomate try to shoot me and the cops just said well at least he missed. kid said he was going to shoot me, shot over my head, and the neighbor next door heard the shot and let me in. within 6 hours the drunk son a gun was let out on his free will.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2012, 9:31 pm 
Tundra Swan

Shoot back :D

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2012, 12:34 pm 
Gadwall

If anyone points any type of firearm at me, he or she is going to have a meet an greet w/ the undertaker. The time for talking is over at that point :!: