It is currently November 20th, 2018, 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pros and cons on boat
PostPosted: June 19th, 2018, 12:30 am 
Redhead

Backwoods landing has a 15x48 Weldbilt Crawdad with a 23hp Copperhead I’m pretty serious about. What’s some pros and cons on this setup?

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 3:04 pm 
Redhead

I have a 1436 Crawdad. Its a decent boat. Run either a 9.9 Merc OB and a 10HP Copperhead MM, and both push it OK. It could handle more. I'd say that is a good combo (15'er with a 23). Mine doesn't have the extra layer of flooring in it (its an older one), and it is fairly light, for what it is. The bottom has some waves in it between the ribs from running up over stuff and the like, but it hasn't affected me much, as I'm not going for speed, just point-A to point-B. If it's a good deal, price-wise, I'd jump on it.

Does the MM have tilt and trim controls on the tiller (if it has T&T)? My biggest issue with using the MM on mine is the T&T controls are on the transom, and it makes it a bear to change the trim, underway. Not a biggie, but it does get aggravating.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2018, 4:04 pm 
Redhead

stevena198301 wrote:
I have a 1436 Crawdad. Its a decent boat. Run either a 9.9 Merc OB and a 10HP Copperhead MM, and both push it OK. It could handle more. I'd say that is a good combo (15'er with a 23). Mine doesn't have the extra layer of flooring in it (its an older one), and it is fairly light, for what it is. The bottom has some waves in it between the ribs from running up over stuff and the like, but it hasn't affected me much, as I'm not going for speed, just point-A to point-B. If it's a good deal, price-wise, I'd jump on it.

Does the MM have tilt and trim controls on the tiller (if it has T&T)? My biggest issue with using the MM on mine is the T&T controls are on the transom, and it makes it a bear to change the trim, underway. Not a biggie, but it does get aggravating.

Has manual trim on transom, but it doesn’t really bother me. I thought it looked like a solid boat. I haven’t jumped on it yet though. Thanks for the reply, man!