It is currently December 10th, 2017, 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 10:20 am 
Mallard

Revised regulations at our TN River Valley WMAs were passed at the CAB meeting in Guntersville which included:

For the Swan Creek WMA –

o Close hunting on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to provide rest days for waterfowl, but allow hunters to hunt every day during the last two weeks of the season.

For Jackson County WMA (Mud and Raccoon Creek Dewatering Units)-

o Close hunting on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to provide rest days for waterfowl, but allow hunters to hunt every day during the last two weeks of the season.

o Prohibit gasoline-powered motors in-
o Mud Creek Dewatering Unit
o Raccoon Creek Dewatering Unit- North of Hwy. 117

o For Crow Creek WMA (portion of Jackson County WMA)-

For Swan Creek, Jackson County and Crow Creek WMAs -

o Launching of any vessel is not allowed prior to 4 AM.

o Hunters are limited to possessing only 25 shells in the field to address sky-busting and excessive shooting.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 9:18 pm 
Coot

Heard this was gonna happen and I hope it don't ..what really needs to happen is ..
1.you can hunt everyday just no hunting / riding around after 12..( have to be out of there by 12)

Now don't get me wrong a lot of hunting pressure hurts..but in my opinion I think all these boats riding around in every slough hurts more than hunting pressure...a duck needs to rest and they can't do it with everybody riding around ...

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 7:59 am 
Mallard

I agree about the boat pressure.I'm glad to see a gas engine ban in those areas listed..if you close huntn by 12 noon,the birds may not use those areas until then,just my personal opinion. But this is what's already been voted on last saturday at the CAB meeting in gville according to Seth Maddox , you can contact him @ 256-437-2788 (Wanneville office) if you ever have any questions .I had to call to believe it since I missed the meeting and so much has been floating around on Facebook.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 11:12 pm 
Tundra Swan

With only a 60 day season and the thousands of acres of waterways / wetlands / refuges ... I don't think the WMA's need "rest days", particularly in light of how small those dewatering areas are as compared to all other places waterfowl can rest. If you want to address "hunting pressure" - then decrease the number of hunters allowed in the WMA's and place boating restrictions. With these new regulations, I only foresee huge frustrations with the number of hunters vying for spots Friday - Monday. :idea: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 7:49 am 
Mallard

It will definitely be a mad house at WMA boat ramps due to no launching of boats and no entering WMA until 4am.